Work closely with the Wardrobe Supervisor, Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor, and wardrobe team to preset and restore costumes, assist Actors in dressing throughout the performance, and maintain costume pieces as required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform pre-show and checks and presets, run a show track during the performance, and restore/store costume pieces at the end of the performance.
- Perform any cleaning, maintenance, or repairs as needed.
- Prepare costumes for laundry or dry cleaning as directed.
- Maintain dresser track notes.
- Abide by all backstage rules as determined by employer. Participate in all required training and safety classes.
- Work collaboratively with the Wardrobe Department, as well as with all other show departments.
- Membership or registration with IATSE TWU Local 764
- Familiarity with theatrical/backstage work environments and terminology
- Knowledge of theatrical costume construction, maintenance and repair
- Proficient hand sewing skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute and problem solve in a high-pressure environment and work efficiently within given time constraints
- Able to sit, kneel, squat, stand, reach and bend
- Able to climb stairs multiple times throughout a work shift
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion
- Carry up to 20lbs
- Computer proficiency is an asset
- Must be flexible in work schedule including but not limited to: early morning hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- As outlined in the IATSE TWU Local 764 Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Broadway League.
The Book of Mormon is committed to doing our part to make Broadway a more equitable, inclusive, just, and anti-racist place to work. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are underrepresented in the theatre industry, including race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
BOOK OF MOROMON WILL MAKE ALL HIRING DECISIONS REGARDING THIS POSITION.