Updates from Local 764

Join us at noon on Thurs May 13 on the sidewalk in front of Lincoln Center Plaza for a LIVE RALLY to support a fair… https://t.co/IBOVjQXPzE

Stagehands Challenge Metropolitan Opera’s Anti-Union Outsourcing; Rally Set for May 13 – LaborPress #UnionStrong https://t.co/4OMwaSzaUu


Posted on March 17, 2020

Due to the overwhelming number of individuals applying for unemployment the website may be slow to respond. The Department of Labor has issued a notice the they are addressing the server issues and that everyone who is entitled to receive New York State unemployment benefits will receive them in a timely manner.

According the New York State Department of Labor it is best to file for unemployment online. Head to https://applications.labor.ny.gov/Individual/ and follow the instructions.

If you cannot file online for any reason call the Claim Center at 1-888-209-8124, the line is open from 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday. There are translation services available, a voice recording will offer you the following choices: English, Spanish, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Creole, Korean, Polish and All other languages.

If you are filing through the Claim Center please review the schedule below and call on your assigned day.

Monday – Last names beginning with A – F

Tuesday – Last names beginning with G-N

Wednesday – Last names beginning with O-Z

Thursday & Friday – Anyone who has missed their filing Day

Filling later in the week will not delay your benefits. All claims are effective on Monday of the week they are filed.

Whether you file online or via the call in Claim Center you will need:

  • -Your Social Security number
  • -Your driver license or Motor Vehicle ID card number (if you have either one)
  • -Your complete mailing address and zip code
  • -A phone number where they can reach you from 8 am – 5 pm, Monday –Friday
  • -Your Alien Registration card number (if you are not a U.S. Citizen and have a card)
  • -Names and addresses of all your employers for the last 18 months, including those in other states
  • -Employer Registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of your most recent employer (FEIN is on your W-2 forms)

The New York State Department of Labor has also put together a list of frequently asked questions which can be found at https://labor.ny.gov/ui/faq.shtm