Job Description: Dressers
BEETLEJUICE: The Musical Broadway Wardrobe Department is seeking a full-time Female Principle Dresser to begin early March. This position requires an interview with and approval of the actress.
Full-time Female Ensemble Dresser to begin mid March
Full-time Male Ensemble Dresser to begin mid March
Work closely with the Wardrobe Supervisor, Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor, and Wardrobe team to preset and restore costumes, assist Actors in dressing throughout the performance, and maintain costumes pieces as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-show checks and presets, run a show track dressing a Principal performer and multiple Ensemble performers during the performance, and restore/store costume pieces at the end of the performance.
- Perform any cleaning, maintenance, or repairs as needed.
- Assist the Wardrobe Supervisor and Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor in the overall maintenance of the costumes and general integrity of the costume design throughout the run of the production according to the standards and methods set by the Costume Designer, Wardrobe Supervisor, Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor, and Management.
- Collect and prepare costumes for specialty laundry or dry cleaning as directed by the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
- Look for and bring all repairs to Wardrobe Room at the end of performances.
- Compile and maintain accurate and up-to-date dresser track notes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by abiding by all backstage rules and established safety policies and procedures as determined by employer. Participate in all required training and safety classes.
- Work collaboratively within the Wardrobe Department, as well as with all other show departments.
Wardrobe Supervisor and Assistant Wardrobe Supervisor
- Membership or registration with IATSE TWU Local 764
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Dresser in a live theatrical workplace
- Familiarity with theatrical backstage work environments and terminology
- Knowledge of theatrical costume construction, quick change methods, maintenance and repair
- Proficient hand sewing skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute and problem solve in a high-pressure environment and work efficiently within given time constraints
- Able to sit, kneel, squat, stand, reach and bend
- Able to climb stairs multiple times throughout a work shift
- Able to comfortably dress performers up to 6’ 2” tall
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion
- Able to carry up to 30 lbs.
- Computer proficiency is an asset.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for special events, publicity and put in dress rehearsals which can include but is not limited to: early morning hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
BEETLEJUICE: The Musical is committed to a providing a universally safe and respectful workplace. BEETLEJUICE: The Musical is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizen ship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, and Veteran status.
This position is covered under the Local 764 Broadway League contract.
If you are interested in any of these positions please email your resume to
BEETLEJUICE: THE MUSICAL BROADWAY WILL MAKE ALL DECISIONS REGARDING HIRING.